Interested in Volunteering?
We believe you are integral in fulfilling our mission of “promoting bicycle use for a healthier and more sustainable community,” and invite you to learn and have fun with us as we build a strong bicycle culture.
Thanks for all your hard work,
The ReCyclery Staff and Board of Directors
VOLUNTEER PHILOSOPHY STATEMENT
"The ReCyclery believes that volunteers are integral in fulfilling our mission of promoting bicycle use for a healthier and more sustainable community.
We value community involvement through encouraging volunteer participation in our bicycle programs and shop space.
Volunteers bring great diversity, knowledge and vibrancy to the ReCyclery.
We provide volunteers with:
- a fun and safe environment at the shop
- Opportunities for learning skills like bike mechanics, teaching, and leadership
- A collaborative relationship with our staff and volunteer board of directors
- Recognition for their service to the ReCyclery and our community
Only with the support of our volunteers can we build a strong bicycle culture in Jefferson County."
Help us teach kids learn how to walk and bike safely in Chimacum and Port Townsend
April 7 - 18 is our next classroom visit to Blue Heron Middle School.
Volunteer Check in - Every Saturday at 11:45am
Don't have bike maintenance experience? This community oriented day is centered around learning more about bikes. Those with no experience are encouraged to come help out by parting out bikes or other intuitive tasks with the mechanics advice.
The Community Shop Day is every Saturday from 12pm til 6pm (5pm during winter)
VOLUNTEER MECHANIC INSTRUCTORS NEEDED: People knowledgable about bikes are encouraged to volunteer on Saturdays to assist those who are trying to learn more.
Are you an experienced biker or bike mechanic?
We need your help refurbishing old bikes for new riders.
Building Tune-up list for the back burner:
- Paint/finish the outside all of the buildings
- Finish copula/ install windows and siding
- install metal frame above main shop doors
- FINISH fence for bike corral -- materials needed*
- create trash/recycle/metal scrap bins
- Install gutters on the back of the pavilion
- create VOLUNTEER appreciation board
- build covers for outside bike racks
- general organizing
- connect rain barrels
Help the ReCyclery strengthen their Volunteer Programs.
Do you have questions or are interested in Volunteering?