Interested in Volunteering?
We are delighted to present to the greater community our Volunteer Philosophy Statement. This commitment was crafted with input from staff, board members and other volunteers and was adopted by the board of directors on January 31, 2014. We hope you will help us live up to this promise as we all work together to realize our dreams of an even better future, with more bike riders. Thanks for your part in it. Kees Kolff, Board President.
VOLUNTEER PHILOSOPHY STATEMENT
"The ReCyclery believes that volunteers are integral in fulfilling our mission of promoting bicycle use for a healthier and more sustainable community.
We value community involvement through encouraging volunteer participation in our bicycle programs and shop space.
Volunteers bring great diversity, knowledge and vibrancy to the ReCyclery.
We provide volunteers with:
- a fun and safe environment at the shop
- Opportunities for learning skills like bike mechanics, teaching, and leadership
- A collaborative relationship with our staff and volunteer board of directors
- Recognition for their service to the ReCyclery and our community
Only with the support of our volunteers can we build a strong bicycle culture in Jefferson County."
The STEP ON IT! Campaign -- If you are interested in being part of kids learning how to walk and biking safely in Chimacum and/or Port Townsend contact Aliina.
Feb 10 - 13 is our next classroom visit to Chimacum Middle School - Volunteer teachers needed!
The Tune up has officially been winterized. Thank you Ester, Doug, Bene, Bret, Hanna, Lee and all the other spectacular Volunteers for your help!
Here is the continuing Building Tune-up list for the back burner:
- Paint/decorate the outside all of the buildings
- Finish copula/ install windows and siding
- install metal frame above main shop doors
- FINISH fence for bike corral -- materials needed
- create trash/recycle/metal scrap bins
- finish building metal shop space
- complete community shop benches (build covers, outline tools, etc.)
- Install gutters on shop and on the back of the pavilion
- create VOLUNTEER appreciation board
- build covers for outside bike racks
- general organizing
- connect rain barrels
Are you an experienced biker or bike mechanic?
We need your help refurbishing old bikes for new riders.
Fill out this survey to help the ReCyclery strengthen their Volunteer Programs. Thank you!